- You will receive one playing card when you arrive.
- Various rules for matching you with a partner are shown below and will be posted on the DJ table for each two-song tanda.
- After five tandes, there will be a Speed Shuffle in which four songs are played in succession and everyone changes partners and exchanges cards for each song.
- At the end of the milonga, random groups of five will be created to form various poker hands. Five minutes will be allowed for each group to try and improve their hand by trading cards with other groups. Each member of the group with the best “standard” poker hand will win one of the following:
Free Pass to 2017 Louisville Tango Festival (Compliments of the organizer, Christy Myers)
Free Pass to 2017 Tucson Tango Festival (Compliments of the organizer, James Baker)
Free Pass to 2017 McCloud BurningTango Festival (Compliments of your’s truly, Clay Nelson)
Free Pass to 2017 New Orleans Tango Festival (Compliments of the organizer Lorena Dumas-Guntner)
Free Pass to 2018 ValenTango Festival (Compliments of your’s truly, Clay Nelson)
THE FOLLOWING RULES (PLUS OTHERS) WILL BE USED TO MATCH PARTNERS
- Same color suit
- Opposite color suit
- Same Suit
- Jacks or higher dance with 10 or lower
- Spades & Hearts together and Diamonds & Clubs together
- Odd numbers dance with even numbers
- 10 or lower dance with Jacks or higher
- Prime numbers dance with non-primes
- Ask someone with a card value one lower.
- Diamonds & Spades together Clubs and Hearts together
- Same value card (ignoring suit)
- Spades & clubs together and Diamonds & Hearts together