With over 130 hours of classes, milongas, mixers, practicas, etc at the Portland ValenTango, you just may need a break!
Below are suggestions of non-tango traditional Portland activities–some only a few blocks from the hotel, while others you’ll need transportation. (Suggestion: ask the bellhop for a walking map of Portland and/or visit this Google Map.)
(1) Eat out at any of the restaurants along Broadway or Weidler— just a few blocks north of DoubleTree. Also, check out Restaurant Guide.
(2) Shop at the huge Lloyd Center Mall across the street and just north of DoubleTree, have some coffee and sit and watch the ice skaters.
(3-14) Visit any of the 12 Top-Rated Tourists Attractions in Portland.
(15) Ride the Max Light Rail to Pioneer Square in downtown Portland and shop, eat, and people watch. (Max station is located across the south east corner from DoubleTree and ride takes only 15-20 minutes.)
(16) Go for a bike ride. Portland is extremely bike friendly and has loaner bikes available from stations all over town—one located right in front of the DoubleTree hotel. For info, go to www.biketownpdx.com
(17) See a movie at the Regal Lloyd 10 Theater Cinema. 1510 N.E. Multnomah St (3 blocks east of the DoubleTree)
(18) Get a sugar high at Voodoo Doughnuts,1501 NE Davis (13 min walk or 4 min drive from the DoubleTree)
If you have additional suggestions, please add your comments below: